Water Damage Repair and Flood Damage Cleanup in Burnaby
Floodwater can cause severe property damage that can go beyond repair. Water damage repair, restoration, and cleanup can return your home to the way it was before the flood struck.
In case flooding occurs, you may get anxious and panic and lose the sense to decide, what to do and what not to do. But you must act immediately and call for water damage restoration, Burnaby, BC. The longer you wait, the worse it gets. Any delay can affect the repair and restoration and cleanup period.
Water damage restoration services are emergency services that focus on repairing and replacing the damaged materials and returning them to their former state.
Flood damage cleanup is very important to remove standing and excessive water from your house. Standing water and moisture in the air offer a perfect breeding ground for mold, bacteria, mosquitoes, viruses, and fungus that can pose severe health risks. Also, the water can quickly seep through the drywall and floors, damaging the structural integrity of the house.
The restoration and cleanup services are specialized services that need to be performed by specialists.
What Water Damage Can Do to Your Property
Flooding and subsequent water damage are mishaps that can knock on your door anytime and completely devastate your household property. It can cause crippling financial burdens that take away your mental peace.
Water damage can lead to the following losses:
- Water penetrates through the wall, making them damp.
- Mold growth can occur on the floor, walls, furniture, roof, clothing, etc, within a few hours after flooding. If left unchecked and untreated, they colonize other areas of the house, and the spores spread into the air, which can cause allergic reactions.
- Water can damage electronic appliances like water heaters, HVAC systems, washing machines, ceiling fans, and refrigerators. The water enters the electric machines and damages the electronic parts.
- The floodwater salvages the entire plumbing system of the house. The debris clogs the drain and causes mold growth near plumbing fixtures. The hydrostatic pressure of floodwater can destruct underground wastewater pipes.
- The septic tank is prone to get ruined, too. A septic tank located underground gets filled with silt that blocks water flow. The only way to fix this issue is to wait for the water to recede or move the drainage to another location. This can be an expensive deal. Also, standing water near fields leads to a foul smell.
- Flood water is a good conductor of electricity and can damage and corrode electrical receptacles, switchboards, and breaker panels. It can lead to electrocution hazards and fires in the house. Even after the electrical system in your house dries, it may cause arcing when power is restored.
What to Expect from Our Water Damage and Flood Restoration Services
After the water damage, you must respond immediately and call for water restoration, Burnaby.
You can expect the following from our water damage and flood restoration services:
- Inspection and Assessment-
The water damage restoration professionals will visit the damaged site and do a thorough inspection. They will assess the areas and assets that got destroyed and the extent to which they got damaged. They document losses that you can claim from the insurance company.
- Water removal-
Our cleaning professionals will draw out all the water from your house using high water pumps and vacuums to prevent further deterioration of the household property.
- Drying and dehumidifying-
Air scrubbers, air movers, dehumidifiers, and drying systems are placed to completely dry the wet surfaces and moisture-laden air. This is essential to stop warping and mold growth.
- Sanitizing and deodorizing-
Sanitization ensures that all the germs and bacteria are killed and you get a healthy environment to live in. On the other hand, deodorizing removes unpleasant smells that linger around for a few days even after cleaning.
- Damage Restoration-
Damage restoration services are very extensive. It returns your home to the state it was in before flooding occurred.
How does Water Mitigation and Water Restoration service differs
Many people get confused between water mitigation and water restoration. Water mitigation deals with the after-effects of water damage, i.e., focuses on preventing further damage to the property. For example, removing electrical items and furniture.
On the other hand, water restoration focuses on restoring your damaged property. For example, removing mold, conducting humidity and air purification tests, fire damage restoration, sanitizing the entire site, etc.
Our water restoration service is followed by a water mitigation service that ensures your house is clean, healthy, and safe to live in.
Why Choose Us?
We provide the best flood restoration, Burnaby. Our services are reliable, effective, and value for money. We hold a great experience. Our water damage restoration company has provided emergency restoration services to commercial properties in North Burnaby which are widely appreciated and recognized.
So why look for other companies for water damage repair, Burnaby, when Cactus Carpet is here?